Lymphatic Drainage by Mira Claire
Lymphatic Massage is a very gentle massage that reduces swelling & bolsters the immune system by increasing movement of lymph fluid through the body & helping the body flush toxins. The body’s lymphatic system naturally removes waste from tissues. Lymph nodes help to destroy bacteria, viruses and other harmful microorganisms as lymph fluid passes through. When the lymph system is blocked, fluid builds up in the body and the lymph system can become stagnant. This can lead to swelling, general discomfort, and a depressed immune system. Lymphatic drainage massage can assist in detoxifying the body by stimulating the tissue to remove lymph fluid buildup without compressing the vessels.
When is Lymph Drainage Massage Beneficial?
- Lymph Drainage Massage is extremely beneficial as a pre/post-surgery treatment as it can dramatically decrease recovery time.
- Studies have shown up to 40% faster recovery from Liposuction and 10 Lymphatic Drainage Massages are recommended post liposuction.
- It is the best natural way to eliminate swelling in any area of the body including many cosmetology aspects, edema, puffiness, swelling from dental work, and organ draining (detox).
- This is also one of the best modalities to help athletes perform better in competitions as well as reducing recovery time by up to 50%.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage helps regulate hormones and can help relieve difficult menstrual cycles and sleeplessness.
- After Lymph nodes have been removed & a person is experiencing chronic lymphedema as a result.
- Safe for Pregnancy to help reduce swelling & improve circulation.